Division by zero in the query planner.
|User & Date:||drh 2019-08-15 14:28:04|
- foundin changed to: "3.29.0"
The following SQL causes a division by zero in the query planner: <blockquote><verbatim> ANALYZE; CREATE TABLE t1(a PRIMARY KEY); INSERT INTO sqlite_stat1 VALUES('t1',null,'sz=0'); ANALYZE sqlite_master; SELECT 0 FROM t1 WHERE a IN(1,2,3); </verbatim></blockquote> The problem is the sz=0 parameter on the sqlite_stat1 entry for the t1 table. The value of sz needs to be 2 or greater, and this is not enforced. The problem was introduced by check-in [90e36676476e8db0] on 2014-04-30 and first appeared in version 3.8.5. This problem was reported on the SQLite mailing list by Xingwei Lin.
- login: "drh"
- mimetype: "text/x-fossil-wiki"
- severity changed to: "Severe"
- status changed to: "Open"
- title changed to: "Division by zero in the query planner."
- type changed to: "Code_Defect"