LIMIT applied globally rather than locally
|User & Date:||drh 2019-05-29 16:04:56|
- Change foundin to "3.28.0"
- Change icomment to:
In the SQL below, the "LIMIT 1" clause ends up being applied to the entire query, rather than to just the one subquery to which it is attached. <blockquote><verbatim> CREATE TABLE t1 AS VALUES(1),(2); CREATE TABLE t2 AS VALUES(3); SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM t1 LIMIT 1) UNION ALL SELECT * from t2); </verbatim></blockquote> Bisect shows the error was introduced by check-in [67bfd59d9087a987f] (about 5.3 years ago) and first appeared in SQLite version 3.8.4 (2014-03-10). This problem was reported on the mailing list by Marco Foit.
- Change login to "drh"
- Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-wiki"
- Change severity to "Severe"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change title to "LIMIT applied globally rather than locally"
- Change type to "Code_Defect"