SQLite Forum

HTML login/registration with SQLite db table
Login

HTML login/registration with SQLite db table

(1) By anonymous on 2021-03-21 17:06:16 [link] [source]

Hello, I am working on a project where I have a html login/registration form and I have a SQLite db table created for username, first and last name, email, and password. I am asking for help on how can I connect my index.html form for registration/login to the SQLite table called lit_login_credentials and then redirect to another page once logged in?

I want to save any those registration into the db table and access them when I am logging in.

Please any help would be appreciated, I am not able to find how to this, so please help.

Thank you Stephy

(2) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-03-21 17:32:58 in reply to 1 [source]

Your question will be answered by consulting whatever web application framework you are using. It is not a question about using the SQLite library or associated tools published by the SQLite project, so it is off-topic here.

You can probably find examples of making login work for your chosen framework, using a database connection.[a] Getting such code to work with SQLite as the database would be a much narrower question and not so far off-topic.

a. I notice you do not even mention what framework you are attempting to use. The SQLite project has no web application framework. However, you might take a look at the Fossil project to find code which does DB-based login among many other things.

(3) By Trudge on 2021-03-22 14:54:12 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

This sounds like you may be looking for a CGI solution, a program that runs on your host server. Even using JavaScript I don't believe you can do what you want with HTML. You may be looking at learning a programming language such as Python, Perl, or something else. Good luck.