How does one search this forum?
(1) By L Carl (lcarlp) on 2020-04-03 22:57:21 [source]
I'm new here, but I could see clearly there was a thread about "RENAME COLUMN", but when I type that text into the "Search Forum" field, it got no matches.
So, how do I search the forum? Pardon me if this is an idiotic question.
(2) By Keith Medcalf (kmedcalf) on 2020-04-04 00:05:12 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
You are probably doing it correctly. That particular posting does not appear to have been indexed at all so no matter what you try and search for from that particular post, you will never find it.
(3) By Keith Medcalf (kmedcalf) on 2020-04-04 00:10:55 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
Note that the Natural Sort thread does not appear to be indexed either as none of the messages in that thread can be located by search.
(4) By Warren Young (wyoung) on 2020-04-04 01:25:10 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
The FTS engine currently indexes the post bodies only, not the subject. This was previously reported a few weeks ago.
(5.1) By Keith Medcalf (kmedcalf) on 2020-04-04 03:16:56 edited from 5.0 in reply to 4 [link] [source]
And what exactly does your comment have to do with the fact that NONE of the postings in the mentioned threads ARE INDEXED AT ALL?
Pick a word, any word, from the CONTENT (BODY) of one of those threads and put it in the search box AND IT WILL NOT BE FOUND. NADA. NOTHING. ZILCH. DICK.
Well, now they appear to be in the index however at the time I complained that they were not in the index, they were not in the index.
Note that a search for rename column now finds something.
How does one "kick off" the index process when cron is busted?
(6) By L Carl (lcarlp) on 2020-04-05 14:00:51 in reply to 4 [link] [source]
As of today, searching seems to be working much better. I don't know what changed or who changed it, but thank you!
(7) By Richard Hipp (drh) on 2020-04-05 16:39:33 in reply to 6 [link] [source]
There is a bug in the search logic for Forum posts that I am still trying to track down. New posts are not being added to the FTS index, for some reason. I have to manually rebuild the index in order to get new posts to show up in search. I have added additional debugging logic to Fossil to help track down the problem. Hopefully I will be able to find and fix it soon.
(8) By anonymous on 2020-04-13 20:54:47 in reply to 7 [link] [source]
In the meantime maybe it would be a good idea to rebuils the index periodically in a cron job?
(9) By Richard Hipp (drh) on 2020-04-13 21:01:15 in reply to 8 [link] [source]
I think I fixed the search index bug on 2020-04-05. Are you still having trouble? What search string is not working for you?
(10) By anonymous on 2020-04-14 07:46:57 in reply to 9 [link] [source]
It seems to work well now. It was just a suggestion in case you were really doing the rebuild manually.