SQLite Forum

Expired certificate
Login

Expired certificate

(1) By ann (etoanya) on 2021-10-01 12:43:24 [link] [source]

Hi, 

Today we started experiencing an issue during building sqlite by conan due to the fact that certificate for downloading this zip is expired. 
https://sqlite.org/2021/sqlite-amalgamation-3340100.zip.

Could you please reissue it?
Thank you.

(2) By SeverKetor on 2021-10-01 13:11:51 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

I'm on my phone so it's annoying to check things, but are you sure the certificate problem is with SQLite's site? Looks like they use Let's Encrypt, which just recently had one of their root certificates expire finally. It is probably worth checking if whatever you're trying to download it on is still using the old certificate, and updating that if it is.

(3.1) By Richard Hipp (drh) on 2021-10-01 13:24:03 edited from 3.0 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

This is due to the Let's Encrypt Root Cert expiration. SQLite's cert is fine. The problem is that your client has not updated its set of root certs lately.

I had the same problem with "curl" on my Ubuntu 16.04 desktop this morning. Everything else on my desktop continued to work fine, but for whatever reason, "curl" was clinging to an older set of root certificates. I solved that problem by copying the /etc/ssl/certs directory (and all of its content) from a newer Ubuntu 20.04 machine over into my desktop.

(4) By Warren Young (wyoung) on 2021-10-01 18:38:48 in reply to 3.1 [source]

I saw the same thing with Apple Mail on my iMac yesterday. All the browsers were fine with HTTPS on the same server, including Safari, but IMAPS gave bogus warnings about the R3 intermediate cert. Same cert as for HTTPS, but it was being rejected.

I did reissue the cert and restarted the server, but it seemingly didn’t clear up until about an hour of fighting later. There seems to be a cache somewhere, because I can’t tie my last measure before it started working to any reason it should have done the trick.