SQLite Forum

Compiling Zipfile.c
Login

Compiling Zipfile.c

(1) By Ppro6 (Chanda) on 2020-05-13 19:26:26 [source]

Hello, I have been trying to compile the zipfile source code using gcc on Windows 10, without success. I suspect there are compatibility issues because it needs a third party header(zlib.h). Anybody with experience with it?

(2) By Keith Medcalf (kmedcalf) on 2020-05-13 23:34:29 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

Download zlib from http://zlib.net/
Unzip somewhere and follow the directions to build the library.
Modify your build tooling (Makefile or clickety-pokey or whatever you are using) to include the appropriate directory containing the zlib.h header.
Modify your build tooling (Makefile or clickety-pokey or whatever you are using) to include the appropriate zlib.lib/libzlib.a library in the link step.

For the last two steps, I just placed copies of zlib.h and libz.a in the "standard locations" where the compiler looks for includes and libraries, then I only have to tell gcc to -lz to link with the library rather than set an include path and a library path.

(3) By Ppro6 (Chanda) on 2020-05-14 07:05:20 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

Thank you, I was failing because I was using the commands in the sqlite documentation which make no mention of including the library. :)