lemon.out is great
(1) By terpstra on 2021-08-21 07:42:22 [source]
I've been playing around with lemon now for a while and I wanted to give a shout out to the best two features of lemon:
- lemon.out has a very great description of the state machine
- ParseTrace is really excellent for debugging
Thank you so much. These tools really made it trivial to diagnose my parser and focus on getting the actual work done.
(2) By Richard Hipp (drh) on 2021-08-21 16:40:23 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
I'm glad you found Lemon useful.
The debugging features result from dogfooding. I've had to debug countless problems with Lemon myself, over the past three decades. The debugging aids you describe have been built up slowly over that time.
(3) By J.M. Aranda (JMAranda) on 2021-08-23 19:52:52 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
My respect for certain SQLite files clearly exceeds the level of fear.