SQLite Forum

64-bit precompiled Linux binaries
Login

64-bit precompiled Linux binaries

(1) By Daniel (daniel15) on 2020-05-27 18:51:55 [link] [source]

Would it be possible to provide 64-bit precompiled Linux binaries on the SQLite site? I'm using SQLite in an environment where only 64-bit programs can run (no 32-bit glibc is installed) and I don't have root access, so I can't use the 32-bit builds nor can I install SQLite using the OS package manager.

Thanks!

(2) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2020-05-27 19:12:59 in reply to 1 [source]

I don't have root access, so I can't use the 32-bit builds nor can I install SQLite using the OS package manager.

You don't need root access to build and install it under your home directory. i do have root access on all of my machines but have never once used it to install fossil (which is installed on all of my machines): that's what ~/bin, ~/lib, etc. are for.

For sqlite, the process is something like:

$ tar xzf the-sqlite3-sources.tar.gz
$ cd the-sqlite3-dir
$ ./configure --prefix=$HOME
$ make
$ make install

That will install everything under directories in the "prefix", e.g. the binary will go under ~/bin.

(3) By Daniel (daniel15) on 2020-05-28 01:52:22 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

You don't need root access to build and install it under your home directory

Right... What I meant is that I can't install 32-bit glibc (to get the 32-bit builds running) or the 64-bit Debian/CentOS SQLite package.

You're right that I could compile it myself in my home directory, however since the site has 32-bit builds today, I thought it'd be useful to also include 64-bit builds on the site given a large majority of servers are moving towards 64-bit, rather than having to compile it myself.

Thanks,