SQLite Forum

Delete Table Data
Login

Delete Table Data

(1) By MikeGreen on 2022-01-17 20:47:06 [link] [source]

Hi.

I'm running sqlitestudio 3.3.3 in Ubuntu 20.04.

I've successfully imported data from a CSV file and it is working fine.

How would I erase ALL data from the table so that I can do a fresh import in sqlitestudio?

Thanks, M...

(2) By Richard Hipp (drh) on 2022-01-17 20:57:36 in reply to 1 [source]

SQLiteStudio is a downstream project. That is to say, they use the core SQLite library as a key component of their system, buy they are completely separate from SQLite and are not affiliated with SQLite. Unless another SQLiteStudio user just happens to read this, we probably won't be able to help you here. The core developers of SQLite don't know anything about SQLiteStudio. You should seek help at the SQLiteStudio website.

(3) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2022-01-17 21:27:07 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

I don't know how to submit SQL to be run against a database in sqlitestudio, but I assume you know or can find out. I also assume you know the name of your soon-to-be-emptied table, which we will call DeflateMe for now. You need to submit this SQL to be executed: DELETE FROM DeflateMe; , which you can adjust as necessary.

I suggest you take a gander at some of the many SQL tutorials available on the Web. You should not expect to be taught elementary SQL here.