How to execute .load
(1) By anonymous on 2021-02-15 14:59:46 [link] [source]
I am writing some code and want to load the shared library Voodoo. If tried this: rc = sqlite3_exec(DB, "Voodoo", NULL, 0, &ErrMessage); Well, that didn't do the job. Who has a idea to achieve this?
(2) By anonymous on 2021-02-15 15:19:21 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
You mean: rc = sqlite3_exec(DB,".load ./Voodoo", NULL, 0, &ErrMessage); Which returns 1 which is not SQLite_OK and that it failed.
(4) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-02-15 15:27:01 in reply to 2 [link] [source]
sqlite3_exec() expects SQL, not the CLI shell's metacommands.
(3) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-02-15 15:25:54 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
I suppose the load_extension() function is what you seek. s/Voodoo/load_extension('myVoodoExtLib')/
You may also need to enable extension loading from SQL.
Or, you could use the sqlite3_load_extension API.
BTW, the word "Extension" appears in the Permutated Index, a lot.
(5) By anonymous on 2021-02-16 04:37:08 in reply to 3 [source]
Thank you for the information. I overlooked this page.