SQLite Forum

How to run SQLite shell program on Android
Login

How to run SQLite shell program on Android

(1) By anonymous on 2021-04-15 10:27:43 [link] [source]

Mostly Windows and Raspberry PI user...

Is there a way to run the standard SQLite shell / CLI on your Android phone or what would be the closest option?

I have seen apps on https://f-droid.org/ that looks like the Windows Cmd window but from what I have read and tried it's not...

(2) By anonymous on 2021-04-15 10:57:47 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

You can use Termux. I've compiled 3.35 in that for when I want to test stuff when away from my computer.

(3) By anonymous on 2021-04-15 13:43:25 in reply to 2 [source]

Could the Anonymous from (2) please post instructions how to build the shell on Termux?

Extensions and library are building ok (with clang), but the shell keeps resisting me.

I am not the Anonymous from (1) and (2) .....

(4) By SeverKetor on 2021-04-15 20:09:11 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

Realized I had used the amalgamation so I updated to 3.35.4 and compiled from the raw source. It complained about me not having tcl but one "apt install tcl" later that was solved. Didn't have to do anything special when compiling, just used the configure script and then make. I can't get make install to work, but I'm kind of lazy and can't be bothered to troubleshoot it (it's complaining about /usr being read-only). I can still just use ./sqlite3 though, which is good enough for me.