SQLite Forum

fiddle 2022-10-26
Login

fiddle 2022-10-26

(1) By Ken (WaKa_sqllite) on 2022-10-26 15:07:37 [source]

Today the fiddle stopped running. I use Linux Mint Xfce 21.
I also reloaded the site. Is there a time limit?

(2) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2022-10-26 15:13:18 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

Today the fiddle stopped running. I use Linux Mint Xfce 21.

"Works for me" on Mint 21 in both Firefox and Chrome.

Sounds like it's probably a transient issue on your end.

Is there a time limit?

No. Fiddle runs entirely on your computer, not the sqlite.org web server. It can run out of memory and crash, but simply reloading the page should always recover from something like that.

(4) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2022-10-26 15:32:52 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

"Works for me" on Mint 21 in both Firefox and Chrome.

i stand corrected. It's throwing an exception at startup and that's my fault. The problem is under investigation.

(5) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2022-10-26 15:42:56 in reply to 4 [link] [source]

i stand corrected. It's throwing an exception at startup and that's my fault. The problem is under investigation.

Fixed and deployed.

The bug was caused by use of a symbol which is only installed when fiddle is running on localhost (i.e. in development mode). That went unnoticed because my system (where /fiddle is developed and tested) runs it in that mode.

(3) By Richard Hipp (drh) on 2022-10-26 15:14:18 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

What do you mean by "stopped working"?

1. Are you trying to compile and run fiddle on your own site?

2. Are you just trying to use https://sqlite.org/fiddle on your desktop?

If your answer is (2), then what web browser and specifically what version of that web browser are you using? And what does "not working" mean? What is it not doing?

(6) By Ken (WaKa_sqllite) on 2022-10-26 17:30:44 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

So so sorry tech guru, I wasn't downloading yet I was just using the ready made site on the web. here -> https://sqlite.org/fiddle/ the run button is not functioning today I've been using this for months. its a beautiful DB. Just like a stand alone MySql. However, I don't need to worry to much on white space errors on Sqlite. This is so nice.

(7) By Ken (WaKa_sqllite) on 2022-10-26 18:37:14 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

Sorry all good. reloaded DB and cleaned up some old errors. You have a wonderful site. thanks