SQLite Forum

Changing from MySQL to SQlite
Login

Changing from MySQL to SQlite

(1) By KenHorse on 2021-07-24 15:22:57 [link] [source]

I've converted my database, installed phpliteadmin and, so far, all looks good.

What I'm looking for is a tutorial so I can change all the current MySQL calls from my various php scripts to use sqlite3 instead.

Thanks

(2) By Ryan Smith (cuz) on 2021-07-24 19:52:03 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

Lots of SQLite experts here, and quite possibly a few PHP aficionados, but you are bound to get a much broader and possibly better response by asking this on a PHP forum.

(3) By Richard Damon (RichardDamon) on 2021-07-24 20:07:31 in reply to 1 [source]

I am not an expert on this, but the BIG question is which interface were you using to MySQL. If you used a MySQL-specific one, then you are going to need to change EVERY call to a different library that was designed to use SQLite (directly or generically).

If you used a generic library that supports both MySQL and SQLite, then you might just need to change your connection call. A bit more likely there will be some calls that behave enough different between the two back-ends that you need to make other changes, but this path would be much simpler.

As was else mentioned, this is really a topic for a PHP database group, but come here if specific operations in SQLite seem to be a problem.

(4) By KenHorse on 2021-07-24 21:34:04 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

Thanks, I will check that out