SQLite Forum

SQLite TCL test suite on linux subsystem for windows, floating point rounding differences
Login

SQLite TCL test suite on linux subsystem for windows, floating point rounding differences

(1) By Hav (havwila) on 2020-03-19 13:55:13 [link] [source]

Hello, I'm trying to run the TCL test suite on my windows 10 using the linux subsystem for windows. Alas, a majority of the atof1 test cases (floating point conversions text->real and real->text->real in SQL and TCL) fail due to (I think) floating point rounding differences. The tests run just fine on the ubuntu VM installed on the same machine. I'm running into the same problem on my other windows 10 machine

Subsystem: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

test output file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hkBpspDcx7pNJzkWEKx8-wKvODvp2Idt/view?usp=sharing

Is there a way to get the tests working on the subsystem?

Thank you in advance

(2) By Warren Young (wyoung) on 2020-03-19 14:16:17 in reply to 1 [source]

the linux subsystem for windows

I'm guessing you mean WSL1 here, not WSL2? If you're willing to try an early release of WSL2, it might fix it, but that means getting onto one of the more bleeding-edge versions of Windows 10 at the moment.

I'm giving this advice without having tried it first because in my own experimentation with WSL1, a lot of stuff broke relative to either Linux VMs on the same hardware or even to Cygwin on the same host OS. I'm working on the provisional assumption that there's a bug in WSL1 and Microsoft isn't likely to fix it; WSL2 is the fix for most of WSL1's problems.

It could be this bug, for example.

(3) By Hav (havwila) on 2020-03-20 09:50:12 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

Thank you. After trying it out, WSL 2 indeed fixes this problem.