[bug] pragma incremental_vacuum OOMs in .mode box
(1) By anonymous on 2021-02-27 06:44:03 [link] [source]
$ sqlite3 Electron.sqlite SQLite version 3.34.0 2020-12-01 16:14:00 Enter ".help" for usage hints. sqlite> .mode box sqlite> pragma incremental_vacuum; Error: out of memory $ sqlite3 Electron.sqlite SQLite version 3.34.0 2020-12-01 16:14:00 Enter ".help" for usage hints. sqlite> pragma incremental_vacuum; sqlite>
This is an 80kB database with nothing remarkable about it. It's repeatable and I have the file preserved and can send it somewhere if that's helpful.
(2) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-02-27 21:51:49 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
Could you please make the DB available via a filesharing service (such as https://www.plustransfer.com/ ) or attach it to an email? Either way, you can send the link or email+attachment to:
I will figure out what is happening.
(3) By anonymous on 2021-02-28 04:04:49 in reply to 2 [link] [source]
(4) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-02-28 13:41:10 in reply to 3 [link] [source]
It will be awhile as I did not realize your platform was OS X.
The problem does not reproduce for Linux x64, Windows x64 or Windows i386.
"select * from pragma_integrity_check" on your DB yields only "ok".
I will try to reproduce on a BSD machine as that should be close to the same execution environment as OS X.
My Mac was converted to a Linux box when OS updates ceased for it, and my VM images running the same OS are 2000 miles away. So repro on a Mac is out of reach for me just now.
Are you using a Mac with an x86_64 processor? Or is it one of the new Macs with Apple's ARM-like CPU?
(5) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-03-20 18:27:20 in reply to 4 [link] [source]
After getting a Mac (OX X 10.?) running for testing purposes, I can now confirm that this problem reproduces with the v3.35.2 shell. This will be investigated.
(6) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-03-20 23:38:44 in reply to 3 [source]
This shell bug is now fixed on trunk. Thanks for reporting this.