SQLite Forum

SQLite3 - Resolutions
Login

SQLite3 - Resolutions

(1) By anonymous on 2020-12-09 10:43:01 [source]

I have resolved all my issues. Thanks to those who shared their insights; to others, thanks for strengthening my resolve in achieving my goal to be in control of the version of SQLite3.DLL that I choose to use.

Thanks for the tip SQLite3.

I resolved How to retrieve the last encountered error using C# marshalling.

I resolved sqlite3_close after correcting coding error on my part.

I resolved this problem SQLite ODBC upon realising that SQLite3.DLL needs to be present in the same folder as my C# executable - no need to copy SQLite3.DLL to any Windows 10 system folder OR to modify the PATH environment variable. (see SQLite ODBC thread [12] which lists the versions used in various readily available wrappers).

In fact, I can use SQLite3.DLL located any where on my local hard disk with C#'s delegate functionality.

That also means that I can build/test my scripts using SQLite3.EXE and use them with SQLite3.DLL - keeping to the same version - under my control. System.Data.SQLite embeds a version of SQLite3.DLL that is 4 releases old.

I have wrapped my C# class as a COM server (wrapping these functions only - I anticipate no issues in incorporating other functions as required.) which means that I can use the version of SQLite3.DLL that I choose from any COM aware language (APL, VBA, JavaScript Excel, C#, VB.NET etc.) Subject to testing, I can use any version of SQLite3 including any new releases (SQLite3 philosophy ensures backward compatibility) within the minute of the release.