SQLite Forum

Unable to open the connection
Login

Unable to open the connection

(1) By anonymous on 2021-11-01 05:22:02 [link] [source]

I am using SQLite DB with .Net Core.
I would like to keep the DB created outside the application context @ c: drive so that multiple process can access it .
Able to create the connection and get connection object but unable to open connection. I tried read/write access to that drive.

please help

(2) By Simon Slavin (slavin) on 2021-11-01 22:36:27 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

Write a little program using .Net Core to create a text file in the same folder on C: . Does it work ?

(3) By Keith Medcalf (kmedcalf) on 2021-11-01 23:24:54 in reply to 2 [source]

File Creation (Write/Change directory), Read, Write, File Deletion (Write/Change directory) each require a whole set of permissions in Windows, so you need to test them all.

Being able to "create" a file only requires read/write access to the directory but does not necessarily imply permission to read or write the actual file (nor to delete it, which is a read/write operation against the directory).

All operations need to be verified since no description of the particulars of the failure have been provided beyond an exeptionally vague "it does not work" without any specification of the error message received or how the behaviour observed differs from the behaviour expected.

(4) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-11-01 23:25:10 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

I would like to keep the DB created outside the application context @ c: drive so that multiple process can access it .

I do not understand this "would like". To me, it is as if you said, "I would like the database to exist in a file so that more than one process can access it." To that, the answer is: "That's what happens when you name a file to the open API." This is so obvious that I think you must mean something else, but I cannot fathom what that is.

Able to create the connection and get connection object but unable to open connection.

It would help if the meaning of "create the connection", "get the connection object" and "open connection" did not have to be guessed. What APIs are you calling, in what order, and with what effect?

I tried read/write access to that drive.

What does "drive" access have to do with this? Can we restrict discussion to a specific file that you name as the database to an SQLite API that expects one?