What version of Sqlite am I using?
(1) By doug (doug9forester) on 2020-06-05 21:16:28 [link] [source]
I am using Qt 5.14.1 for my application. Under the covers I am using Sqlite for my database. I need to find out what version of Sqlite is installed for it. How can I do this?
(2) By anonymous on 2020-06-05 21:49:04 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
(3) By Larry Brasfield (LarryBrasfield) on 2020-06-05 21:59:24 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
Run the query:
and see what result you get.
(6) By doug (doug9forester) on 2020-06-06 05:54:04 in reply to 3 [link] [source]
Thanks, Larry. I am on 3.28.0, which is the reason GENERATED fields are not recognized. Sigh... and it was such a good solution.
I don't really want to go through the learning curve of installing my own version of Sqlite in Qt. I don't know when Qt will get to 3.31. Is that information visible to Sqlite development?
(8) By anonymous on 2020-06-06 13:13:45 in reply to 6 [link] [source]
I don't know when Qt will get to 3.31.
Qt 5.15 includes SQLite 3.32.1
(10) By doug (doug9forester) on 2020-06-07 18:00:58 in reply to 8 [link] [source]
Seeing as how Qt 5.14.1 was supposed to have Sqlite 3.30.1 and in reality had version 3.28.0, I will believe it when I see it.
(4) By anonymous on 2020-06-05 23:51:26 in reply to 1 [source]
Here's the GitHub link to the SQLite sources included as part of Qt sources: https://github.com/qt/qtbase/tree/5.14.1/src/3rdparty/sqlite
Looking up the relevant part in sqlite.h, we get:
#define SQLITE_VERSION "3.30.1"
(9) By doug (doug9forester) on 2020-06-07 17:56:57 in reply to 4 [link] [source]
Sorry to report that what you see is not what you get. When I use
at run time, I get version "3.28.0". My version of Qt Creator is 5.14.1.
(5) By Jens Alfke (snej) on 2020-06-06 00:30:48 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
Open sqlite3.h, scroll down about 100 lines, and look at the value of
(7) By doug (doug9forester) on 2020-06-06 05:57:46 in reply to 5 [link] [source]
Jens, Sqlite is buried in Qt for which I haven't downloaded the source.
"select sqlite_version();" worked fine to get my answer.