SQLite Forum

cannot create tables in sqlitestudio than other apps can see
Login
I am having trouble getting a Delphi program to use sqlite.
First, the program would fail with a "data exception" error, followed by a long hex number.

I made a guess that since the database file was created on a win7 computer, and now I am on a newer Win10 computer, that maybe I need to create the ...db file 
on the win10 computer.

I had trouble creating the database in sqlite studio. After creating and connecting to it,
it stayed frozen on the creation screen. There is an ok button but it was greyed out.The only other button  was a test button, and clicking that returns a 
green check mark.

I then created a table and wrote sql code to insert a record. I ran a select * on the new table and the data is there.

I reran the delphi program and the good news is there was no external error.
 The bad news is it tells me there is no such table. I checked the spelling and it is correct.

I got a clue when I went into dbbrowser for sqlite and loaded in the new database file.
On the database structure tab, it shows zero tables.
At least this is consistent with the Delphi program,but the obvious problem is how to get sqlite studio to commit the table addition?

There is a "commit changes"  button which I hit and it appears to work because 
if I exit the program and come back in, the table is there. 

I copied the file sqlite3.dll to the same folder of the database file, but same results.

Thank you.