SQLite Forum

libsql3-dev dependancies issuses
Login

libsql3-dev dependancies issuses

(1) By Mcgiwer (mcgiwer) on 2021-01-31 21:19:36 [source]

Hello. I have a issue with installing of the libsql3-dev package. I have the libsqlite3-0 istalled in the latest avaliable for my system version (3.34.0-1) and I recieve a following error:

libsqlite3-dev : Depends: libsqlite3-0 (= 3.34.0-1) but 3.34.1-1 is to be installed.

Please urgently modify the requirments, setting the version of above to (for example): >= 3.34

(2) By Richard Hipp (drh) on 2021-01-31 21:38:51 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

You need to talk to the organization who manages your operating system (which you did not identify). Package management of various operating systems is downstream of the SQLite project. We have nothing to do with that here.

(3) By Larry Brasfield (LarryBrasfield) on 2021-01-31 22:25:39 in reply to 1 updated by 3.1 [link] [source]

As Richard says, your request is off-topic here.

However, you do have an alternative which is well within the SQLite project's purview. You can get the SQLite sources, and build binaries from it for whatever "dev" purpose you have.  See the <b>[SQLite Download Page](https://sqlite.org/download.html)</b> and <b>[How To Compile SQLite](https://sqlite.org/howtocompile.html)</b>. Once you do so, you may slap your forehead for spending to much time trying to get the OS package manager to "save" you the effort. And if it is not easy enough for you from perusing those docs, help can be readily found here.

That route is probably better from a software control perspective than relying on the vagary of dependence upon decisions of system software repository management decisions over which you have vanishing little control.

(3.1) By Larry Brasfield (LarryBrasfield) on 2021-01-31 22:28:47 edited from 3.0 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

As Richard says, your request is off-topic here.

However, you do have an alternative which is well within the SQLite project's purview. You can get the SQLite sources, and build binaries from it for whatever "dev" purpose you have. See the SQLite Download Page and How To Compile SQLite. Once you do so, you may slap your forehead for spending to much time trying to get the OS package manager to "save" you the effort. And if it is not easy enough for you from perusing those docs, help can be readily found here.

That route is probably better from a software control perspective than relying on the vagary of dependence upon decisions of system software repository managers over which you have vanishing little control or influence. I dare say they have concerns and objectives very different from trying to cater to the desire of software developers to use the latest and greatest libraries, particularly when those users have such excellent alternatives. (See above.)

(4) By Mcgiwer (mcgiwer) on 2021-01-31 23:43:12 in reply to 3.1 updated by 4.1 [link] [source]

Hello and help for the help. I had posted here because there was only the link to this official website

(4.1) By Mcgiwer (mcgiwer) on 2021-02-01 14:24:50 edited from 4.0 in reply to 3.1 [link] [source]

Hello and posted for the help. I had posted here because there was only the link to this official website

(5) By Larry Brasfield (LarryBrasfield) on 2021-02-01 00:44:31 in reply to 4.0 [link] [source]

I imagine "the link" was in a particular package description. That's common, as it indicates where one might go to get more recent versions. But if you are serious about trying to get the package repository maintainers/updaters to advance their update of a particular package, you must discover who they are, and that will virtually never be the creators of the software in individual packages.

BTW, regarding off-topic posting: You were just informed, not chastised. No doubt you (once) thought your quest might be resolved here. (I call it a "quest" because I doubt it will be resolved elsewhere either. Hence my suggested alternative.)