SQLite Forum

FileIO extension
Login
Warren,

thank you for taking the time to provide your response. I apologise again for my lack of knowledge in this area - please be assured that I had seen the generic instructions and used these for my initial attempts in the terminal window to no avail.

Based on the information that you provided and some further investigation, I had another go - commands shown below. Using just the command line that you provided, I received the error 'no such file was found'. I downloaded the fileio.c file and attempted to run based on a known path, but then the error was for the use of an undeclared identifier in the code.

I understand that I am showing my ignorance again, but would appreciate your further advice on this. Please note that I am using clang rather than gcc, which I believe is needed as a result of the updated OS X.

COMMAND Lines and responses

k@111-111-1-111~ % clang -g -fPIC -dynamiclib -I. ext/misc/fileio.c -o ~/Desktop/fileio.dylib

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'ext/misc/fileio.c'

clang: error: no input files

k@111-111-1-111~ % clang -g -fPIC -dynamiclib -I. fileio.c -o ~/Desktop/fileio.dylib

clang: error: no such file or directory: 'fileio.c'

clang: error: no input files

k@111-111-1-111~ % clang -g -fPIC -dynamiclib -I. ~/Downloads/fileio.c -o ~/Desktop/fileio.dylib

/Users/k/Downloads/fileio.c:590:29: error: use of undeclared
      identifier 'SQLITE_VTAB_DIRECTONLY'
    sqlite3_vtab_config(db, SQLITE_VTAB_DIRECTONLY);

/Users/k/Downloads/fileio.c:985:44: error: use of undeclared
      identifier 'SQLITE_DIRECTONLY'
                               SQLITE_UTF8|SQLITE_DIRECTONLY, 0,

/Users/k/Downloads/fileio.c:989:46: error: use of undeclared
      identifier 'SQLITE_DIRECTONLY'
                                 SQLITE_UTF8|SQLITE_DIRECTONLY, 0,

3 errors generated.