SQLite Forum

Linkage #defines are unused
Login
Thanks, Larry.

In practice, when we compile winsqlite3.dll, we set all of these defines, even though it looks like they end up doing nothing - I think we looked at that comment and took everything it listed as being part of the interface. But we also have other copies of SQLite, which eventually should be merged, and the linkage is among the biggest difference. Understanding what actually matters vs. what doesn't can really help (especially when it's in the middle of a very complex system). We also have many other places where we list both SQLITE_API and SQLITE_STDCALL on the function signature of alternately-compiled stubs - cleaning this all up would be easier if it's clearer what these defines are and do (and if there are fewer to manage).

It would simplify things enough for me that I'd be willing to offer contributing a patch to clean this up, if that would help. I'm not sure if you have a contribution process though, or in this case if it would take less work on your side to do it without my involvement. Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

David