.import syntax error on colon character in table name
(1) By anonymous on 2020-10-12 17:36:27 [link] [source]
SQLite seems to handle the colon character in table names pretty well, as I can create, update and delete table with colon character in it without problem.
But it does not work in the .import command of the command line sqlite.
.import file.csv track:someidthere
Error: near ":someidthere": syntax error
I tried using quotes, single quotes and backslashes, nothing worked.
Is there some way to make it work or is it a bug in .import ?
(2) By Richard Hipp (drh) on 2020-10-12 18:00:49 in reply to 1 [source]
Please update to check-in ce97b56d63d6e03b or later and then quote the table name in the ".import" command like this:
.import file.csv "track:someidthere"
(3) By anonymous on 2020-10-12 18:28:53 in reply to 2 [link] [source]
It works perfectly with and without quotes with this modification. Thanks for the quick update.
(4) By anonymous on 2022-05-09 14:35:27 in reply to 2 [link] [source]
i can't understand what is there...
(5) By Warren Young (wyoung) on 2022-05-09 15:50:03 in reply to 4 [link] [source]
You're replying to a year-and-a-half old post. The change has since been released, in SQLite 3.34.0. (Item 4.d.)