SQLite Forum

Disk I/O error on cifs volume
Login
@LarryBrasfield When we developed the application we didn't notice that the application and database were stored on a CIFS filesystem. Unfortunately, our application does not write to the database, otherwise the issue would have been identified much earlier (the database is uploaded by an external system and only queries are executed).

I read the articles you mention and completely agree there are chances of corrupting database IF any attempt is made to write to that SQLite database, as the locking implementation on a network filesystem is unreliable. 

But again, the scenario we have is a bit different in that the database is created on an external system, and then uploaded to this server. The application opens the database in read-only mode, and just SQL queries are executed. There's no chance that the database is written or corrupted.

I'm aware now (confirmed by the debug logs) that SQLite is calling the lock functions even when opening the database in read-only mode, but was hoping we could use some PRAGMA to completely turn-off the locking, or to ignore any locking errors, before considering other options.