How can I change the email address on my account?
(1) By Erik (nelson2005) on 2020-03-13 13:07:23 [link] [source]Deleted
(2) By Warren Young (wyoung) on 2020-03-13 13:49:27 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
You'd have to send an email to one of the forum's administrators. You should be able to find drh's email online.
Incidentally, the parent message is marked "Deleted" because that's how Fossil "deletes" a forum post: it adds an edit to the post's block chain with a blank body. The OP clearly posted their question in the subject without a body, thus giving this presentation.
I'd class this as a minor bug in the forum, since the parent post is the root of its forum thread; the "Deleted" presentation should apply only if the presented post has a parent artifact. Perhaps someone will fix it.
(3) By Erik (nelson2005) on 2020-03-13 14:00:59 in reply to 2 [link] [source]
Thanks for the color... I'll poke around and email him. It seems like there should be a better way to maintain one's account than googling drh's email online.
Not a huge thing, but the kind of usability thing that makes a difference.
(4) By Huỳnh Trần Khanh (huynhtrankhanh1) on 2020-03-13 14:48:39 in reply to 3 [source]
Also, how can I change the password on my account? I accidentally pasted my SQLite forum password on the OFTC page.
(5) By Richard Hipp (drh) on 2020-03-13 14:54:26 in reply to 4 [link] [source]
The "Logout" link at the top-right takes you to a page where you can change your password.
(6) By Huỳnh Trần Khanh (huynhtrankhanh1) on 2020-03-13 14:58:09 in reply to 5 [link] [source]
Oh thanks. The UI clearly needs some aesthetic and usability improvements.
(7) By anonymous on 2020-03-14 16:09:05 in reply to 6 [link] [source]
Never was a truer word spoken - if you don't believe me, try unsubscribing and re-subscribing with the same data except, say, a changed display name.