SQLite Forum

Database Growing by itself to huge sizes
Login
Hello everyone,

I use Macs. On one it's Catalina and on the other its Mojave OS's.  Use is single user.  I have a few places where I use the SQLite db. In both places it is growing by itself quite fast and quite large.  My actual data is 350 MB and after a fresh import this is how big the db is. But it just sits there.. nothing is being done, and it grows.. now it's up to 8 GB in size.. at this point I am not live, so it's not a problem to just replace it with the fresh after import db.. but once I go live, this will be a problem.

Does anyone have any ideas about what would make a SQLite db just simply grow?  I have used the analyzer and am now aware of which table it is that is doing it.. and it makes sense.. that is my largest record.. it's a record that is my constants file.. there is only one record, supposedly, in that table.. it holds many pictures and lists too.. it is a huge record, I dont know how big but lets say it's a MB large.. one MB.. maybe 2, but not 8 GB

The odd thing too is that when I use VACUUM to try to shrink the db it grows a little.. instead of shrinking. 

So I'm at a loss as to what is going on.  Otherwise than this I am loving SQLite. 

Thank you

Das Goravani