1. If High Concurrency were a priority requirement, I would not include SQLite as an option. 2. As yet, I have done nothing with SQLite across networks but I intend to find out if I can use SQLite databases stored in the cloud. (backups and fail-over issues will be taken care of). I do not think I understand this >That is like asking about using a power drill versus an extension cord. (I can't see how power drills and extension cords are substitutes!) CRUD is basically 90% of what I need; in that respect, the ODBC route delivers. I can manage the remaining 10% using the CLI (I am still finding my feet regarding the cope of this).