SQLite Forum

Finding database file
Login
Ryan,
You are correct.  That is a rookie mistake so let me start over...
First, I am running Windows 10 using Chrome and Safari. I have manually created the database on the c:/users/Craig/db directory using the DB Browser utility and populated two rows in two of the three tables.
Let me diverge into the previous two posts for a minute to correct some errors in the code.  First, on one line in the transaction, I didn't capitalize the S in tx.executeSql.  This apparently is an error. The second problem was that I was enclosing the SQL statement with single quotes and the text in double quotes.  I reversed them and all transactions worked.
If I don't insert data with the program, I get nothing when I try to select the data, therefore, I don't believe that the database opens. 
Next, I have tried to create a new database on a different drive and directory, p:/db/My1stDB.db.  As I run thru my program, I can't update tables because they are non existent which leads me to believe that the database is not being created nor are the tables.
So right now, it appears that I can't create a database nor can I read the one on the disk that I created with manually with DB Browser.
Any suggestions/comments would be greatly appreciated. And thank you for the wake-up call. I should know better.