SQLite Forum

FTS5 rows not searchable with match
Login
I noticed a patch for what you mentioned. Thank you. I also saw something earlier about FTS5 corruption; unsure if that might in some way be related.

Thinking about how inconsistency could occur, as I have been developing the app, I often before would build/run from my IDE which would force quit the running instance. Perhaps writes were done w/o view and trigger updates.

In my case, I am using the FTS5 table merely for match of certain columns – title, creator/author, publisher, description, etc. For display in app, or other purposes, all columns are retrieved from the tables themselves with a join. In such a case, would it be better to use a contentless table?

Concerning updates to FTS5, if in the case current tables and view differ from FTS, upon an update, if it is trying to incorrectly delete data, old.column values, do not exist, as mentioned in the docs "leave the full-text index in an unpredictable state," perhaps that is an issue here. Related to that, I recall seeing some use update/delete triggers that did not specify old.values but merely rowid. Is such ok or from how I interpret the docs, maybe it isn't.

Thanks for the help.