SQLite Forum

Database Growing by itself to huge sizes
Login
I have discovered by trial and error that the table is corrupted. I can't insert to it, nor update, nor delete. My edits to the table are done as a delete then an insert.. the deletes are not happening, and the inserts are inserting ghost records that don't respond to selects and have no data in them but they do have size..

There were 500 records according to the analyzer but only 3 that could be selected and viewed, that had data in them.

I am working within Omnis, the language, that most have never heard of, it does the SQL for you, it calls SQLite's API's for me.. I am shielded from real SQL and all.. so I can't be certain where any fault lay...

Just thought I'd log on and try to wrap this thread up.

Everything says my table is corrupted.. logic says that 350 columns with 40 of them being pictures and another 40 are lists.. logic says it's too big, so I am today breaking out the pictures at least to their own table.. then remake this table fresh and hope that without the pictures it can function correctly.. 

If that isn't enough then I'll do the lists next.. break them out into their own table.. do this breakup of the central record until it and other new tables all behave correctly

I really appreciate this forum, it is invaluable.. SQLite is awesome, and this forum rocks it. 

Peace out,

Das Goravani