SQLite Forum

Serious problems with STORED columns
Login
> OK, let's play your way.

Thanks!

>You have to be able to at least load the rest of the row columns even if the STORED (which proves to be a misnomer) column contains garbage.

Absolutely, unless said garbage (read: ephemeral) value containing rows are used stupidly in a Primary or Unique Key.

Look, what you describe would be clear to anyone who knows how it works to be an enormously idiotically stupid thing.
The grace here, and why it is not so stupid in your case, is that up to now you have genuinely believed that a STORED column is equivalent to a persisted column - a perfectly understandable expectation which would make your assumptions perfectly valid, if it were the case.

But now you have been pointed towards the light of truth, the correct response is "Thank you all, I have learned and now will use a real column."

Any more insistence to manufacture the most silly compilations of schemata as arguments to hang on to the idea that you had some glimmer of a point to begin with, will achieve the opposite.

I've just had to change my statement in another post where i had a wrong assumption this very day. Further to that, I've had my thinking revised on this very forum on both SQL and SQLite many times - it's called learning, that's why we like it here. You've learned - enjoy it. :)