LIMIT applied globally rather than locally
|User & Date:||drh 2019-05-29 16:04:56|
- Change foundin to "3.28.0"
- Change icomment to:
In the SQL below, the "LIMIT 1" clause ends up being applied to the entire query, rather than to just the one subquery to which it is attached.
CREATE TABLE t1 AS VALUES(1),(2); CREATE TABLE t2 AS VALUES(3); SELECT * FROM ( SELECT * FROM (SELECT * FROM t1 LIMIT 1) UNION ALL SELECT * from t2);
Bisect shows the error was introduced by check-in [67bfd59d9087a987f] (about 5.3 years ago) and first appeared in SQLite version 3.8.4 (2014-03-10).
This problem was reported on the mailing list by Marco Foit.
- Change login to "drh"
- Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-wiki"
- Change severity to "Severe"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change title to "LIMIT applied globally rather than locally"
- Change type to "Code_Defect"