Incorrect result with ORDER BY DESC and LIMIT
|User & Date:||drh 2016-09-07 00:42:45|
- Change foundin to "3.14.1"
- Change icomment to:
In the following SQL, the first query gives the correct 3 lines of result in the correct order. But the second query returns the second line of result, not the first line as it should:
CREATE TABLE t1(a,b,c); CREATE INDEX t1x ON t1(a,b,c); INSERT INTO t1 VALUES(0,1,99),(0,1,0),(0,0,0); SELECT * FROM t1 WHERE a=0 AND (c=0 OR c=99) ORDER BY c DESC; SELECT * FROM t1 WHERE a=0 AND (c=0 OR c=99) ORDER BY c DESC LIMIT 1;
This problem seems to have been introduced by check-in [559733b09e96] on 2016-05-20 and was released with version 3.14.0.
- Change login to "drh"
- Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-wiki"
- Change severity to "Severe"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change title to "Incorrect result with ORDER BY DESC and LIMIT"
- Change type to "Code_Defect"