ALTER TABLE corrupts DESC indexes
|User & Date:||drh 2016-07-14 18:46:40|
- foundin changed to: "3.13.0"
The change to ALTER TABLE in [e1d8ec85546c] can cause indexes to go corrupt. Sample code: <blockquote><verbatim> PRAGMA legacy_file_format=ON; CREATE TABLE t1(a,b,c); CREATE INDEX t1a ON t1(a DESC); INSERT INTO t1 VALUES(1,2,3); INSERT INTO t1 VALUES(2,3,4); ALTER TABLE t1 ADD COLUMN d; PRAGMA integrity_check; </verbatim></blockquote> If the schema version is initially less than 4, then the DESC keyword on indexes is ignored. If ALTER TABLE then changes the schema version to 4 from a smaller value, then preexisting DESC indexes will be in the wrong order. Corruption caused by this bug can be fixed by running the REINDEX command.
- login: "drh"
- mimetype: "text/x-fossil-wiki"
- severity changed to: "Severe"
- status changed to: "Open"
- title changed to: "ALTER TABLE corrupts DESC indexes"
- type changed to: "Code_Defect"