Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.8.5 On 2014-06-04
- Added support for partial sorting by index.
- Enhance the query planner so that it always prefers an index that uses a superset of
WHERE clause terms relative to some other index.
- Improvements to the automerge command of FTS4 to better control the index size
for a full-text index that is subject to a large number of updates.
- Added the sqlite3_rtree_query_callback() interface to R-Tree extension
- Added new URI query parameters "nolock" and "immutable".
- Use less memory by not remembering CHECK constraints on read-only
- Enable the OR optimization for WITHOUT ROWID tables.
- Render expressions of the form "x IN (?)" (with a single value in
the list on the right-hand side of the IN operator) as if they where "x==?",
Similarly optimize "x NOT IN (?)"
- Add the ".system" and ".once" commands to the command-line shell.
- Added the SQLITE_IOCAP_IMMUTABLE bit to the set of bits that can be returned by
the xDeviceCharacteristics method of a VFS.
- Added the SQLITE_TESTCTRL_BYTEORDER test control.
- OFFSET clause ignored on queries without a FROM clause.
- Assertion fault on queries involving expressions of the form
"x IN (?)". Ticket e39d032577.
- Incorrect column datatype reported.
- Duplicate row returned on a query against a table with more than
16 indices, each on a separate column, and all used via OR-connected constraints.
- Partial index causes assertion fault on UPDATE OR REPLACE.
- Crash when calling undocumented SQL function sqlite_rename_parent()
with NULL parameters.
- ORDER BY ignored if the query has an identical GROUP BY.
- The group_concat(x,'') SQL function returns NULL instead of an empty string
when all inputs are empty strings.
- Fix a bug in the VDBE code generator that caused crashes when
doing an INSERT INTO ... SELECT statement where the number of columns
being inserted is larger than the number of columns in the destination
- Fix a problem in CSV import in the command-line shell
where if the leftmost field of the first row
in the CSV file was both zero bytes in size and unquoted no data would
- Fix a problem in FTS4 where the left-most column that contained
the notindexed column name as a prefix
was not indexed rather than the column whose name matched exactly.
- Fix the sqlite3_db_readonly() interface so that it returns true if
the database is read-only due to the file format write version number
being too large.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: "2014-06-04 14:06:34 b1ed4f2a34ba66c29b130f8d13e9092758019212"
- SHA1 for sqlite3.c: 7bc194957238c61b1a47f301270286be5bc5208c
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.