Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.4.0 On 2007-06-18
- Fix a bug that can lead to database corruption if an SQLITE_BUSY error
occurs in the middle of an explicit transaction and that transaction
is later committed. Ticket #2409.
- Fix a bug that can lead to database corruption if autovacuum mode is
on and a malloc() failure follows a CREATE TABLE or CREATE INDEX statement
which itself follows a cache overflow inside a transaction. See
- Added explicit upper bounds on the sizes and
quantities of things SQLite can process. This change might cause
compatibility problems for
applications that use SQLite in the extreme, which is why the current
release is 3.4.0 instead of 3.3.18.
- Added support for Incremental BLOB I/O.
- Added the sqlite3_bind_zeroblob() API
and the zeroblob() SQL function.
- Added support for
- Added the SQLITE_MIXED_ENDIAN_64BIT_FLOAT compile-time option to support
ARM7 processors with goofy endianness.
- Removed all instances of sprintf() and strcpy() from the core library.
- Added support for
International Components for Unicode (ICU)
to the full-text search extensions.
- In the Windows OS driver, reacquire a SHARED lock if an attempt to
acquire an EXCLUSIVE lock fails. Ticket #2354
- Fix the REPLACE() function so that it returns NULL if the second argument
is an empty string. Ticket #2324.
- Document the hazards of type conversions in
and related APIs. Fix unnecessary type conversions. Ticket #2321.
- Internationalization of the TRIM() function. Ticket #2323
- Use memmove() instead of memcpy() when moving between memory regions
that might overlap. Ticket #2334
- Fix an optimizer bug involving subqueries in a compound SELECT that has
both an ORDER BY and a LIMIT clause. Ticket #2339.
- Make sure the sqlite3_snprintf()
interface does not zero-terminate the buffer if the buffer size is
less than 1. Ticket #2341
- Fix the built-in printf logic so that it prints "NaN" not "Inf" for
floating-point NaNs. Ticket #2345
- When converting BLOB to TEXT, use the text encoding of the main database.
- Keep the full precision of integers (if possible) when casting to
NUMERIC. Ticket #2364
- Fix a bug in the handling of UTF16 codepoint 0xE000
- Consider explicit collate clauses when matching WHERE constraints
to indices in the query optimizer. Ticket #2391
- Fix the query optimizer to correctly handle constant expressions in
the ON clause of a LEFT JOIN. Ticket #2403
- Fix the query optimizer to handle rowid comparisons to NULL
correctly. Ticket #2404
- Fix many potential segfaults that could be caused by malicious SQL
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.