Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.38.0 On 2022-02-22
- Added the -> and ->> operators for easier processing of JSON.
The new operators are compatible with MySQL and PostgreSQL.
- The JSON functions are now built-ins. It is no longer necessary
to use the -DSQLITE_ENABLE_JSON1 compile-time option to enable JSON
support. JSON is on by default. Disable the JSON interface using
the new -DSQLITE_OMIT_JSON compile-time option.
- Enhancements to date and time functions:
- Added the unixepoch() function.
- Added the auto modifier and the julianday modifier.
- Rename the printf() SQL function to format() for better
compatibility. The original printf() name is retained as an alias
for backwards compatibility.
- Added the sqlite3_error_offset() interface, which can sometimes
help to localize an SQL error to a specific character in the input
SQL text, so that applications can provide better error messages.
- Enhanced the interface to virtual tables as follows:
- Added the sqlite3_vtab_distinct() interface.
- Added the sqlite3_vtab_rhs_value() interface.
- Added new operator types SQLITE_INDEX_CONSTRAINT_LIMIT
- Added the sqlite3_vtab_in() interface (and related) to enable
a virtual table to process IN operator constraints all at once,
rather than processing each value of the right-hand side of the
IN operator separately.
- CLI enhancements:
- Columnar output modes are enhanced to correctly handle tabs
and newlines embedded in text.
- Added options like "--wrap N", "--wordwrap on", and "--quote"
to the columnar output modes.
- Added the .mode qbox alias.
- The .import command automatically disambiguates column names.
- Use the new sqlite3_error_offset() interface to provide better
- Query planner enhancements:
- Use a Bloom filter to speed up large analytic queries.
- Use a balanced merge tree to evaluate UNION or UNION ALL
compound SELECT statements that have an ORDER BY clause.
- The ALTER TABLE statement is changed to silently ignores entries in the
sqlite_schema table that do not parse when PRAGMA writable_schema=ON.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: 2022-02-22 18:58:40 40fa792d359f84c3b9e9d6623743e1a59826274e221df1bde8f47086968a1bab
- SHA3-256 for sqlite3.c: a69af0a88d59271a2dd3c846a3e93cbd29e7c499864f6c0462a3b4160bee1762
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.