Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.16.2 On 2017-01-06
Changes in version 3.16.0 (2017-01-02):
- Uses 9% fewer CPU cycles. (See the CPU performance measurement report for
details on how this performance increase was computed.)
- Added experimental support for PRAGMA functions.
- Added the SQLITE_DBCONFIG_NO_CKPT_ON_CLOSE option to sqlite3_db_config().
- Enhance the date and time functions so that the 'unixepoch' modifier works
for the full span of supported dates.
- Changed the default configuration of the lookaside memory allocator from
500 slots of 128 bytes each into 125 slots of 512 bytes each.
- Enhanced "WHERE x NOT NULL" partial indexes so that they are usable if
the "x" column appears in a LIKE or GLOB operator.
- Enhanced sqlite3_interrupt() so that it interrupts checkpoint operations that
are in process.
- Enhanced the LIKE and GLOB matching algorithm to be faster
for cases when the pattern contains multiple wildcards.
- Added the SQLITE_FCNTL_WIN32_GET_HANDLE file control opcode.
- Added ".mode quote" to the command-line shell.
- Added ".lint fkey-indexes" to the command-line shell.
- Added the .imposter dot-command to the command-line shell.
- Added the remember(V,PTR)
SQL function as a loadable extension.
- Rename the SQLITE_OMIT_BUILTIN_TEST compile-time option to
SQLITE_UNTESTABLE to better reflect the implications of using it.
- Fix a long-standing bug in the query planner that caused incorrect results
on a LEFT JOIN where the left-hand table is a subquery and the join constraint
is a bare column name coming from the left-hand subquery. Ticket
- Correctly handle the integer literal -0x8000000000000000 in the query planner.
Additional changes in version 3.16.1 (2017-01-03):
- Fix a bug concerning the use of row values within triggers
(see ticket 8c9458e7)
that was in version 3.15.0 but was not reported until moments after the 3.16.0
release was published.
Additional changes in version 3.16.2:
- Fix the REPLACE statement for
WITHOUT ROWID tables that lack secondary indexes so that
it works correctly with triggers and foreign keys. This was a new bug
caused by performance optimizations added in version 3.16.0.
- Fix the sqlite3_value_text() interface so that it correctly
translates content generated by zeroblob() into a string of all
0x00 characters. This is a long-standing issue discovered after the
3.16.1 release by OSS-Fuzz
- Fix the bytecode generator to deal with a subquery in the FROM clause
that is itself a UNION ALL where one side of the UNION ALL is a view
that contains an ORDER BY. This is a long-standing issue that was
discovered after the release of 3.16.1. See ticket
- Adjust the sqlite3_column_count() API so it more often returns the same
values for PRAGMA statements as it did in prior releases, to
minimize disruption to applications that might be using that
interface in unexpected ways.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: "2017-01-06 16:32:41 a65a62893ca8319e89e48b8a38cf8a59c69a8209"
- SHA1 for sqlite3.c: 2bebdc3f24911c0d12b6d6c0123c3f84d6946b08
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.