Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.13.0 On 2016-05-18
- Postpone I/O associated with TEMP files for as long as possible, with the hope
that the I/O can ultimately be avoided completely.
- Merged the session extension into trunk.
- Added the ".auth ON|OFF" command to the command-line shell.
- Added the "--indent" option to the ".schema" and ".fullschema" commands of
the command-line shell, to turn on pretty-printing.
- Added the ".eqp full" option to the command-line shell, that does both EXPLAIN
and EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN on each statement that is evaluated.
- Improved unicode filename handling in the command-line shell on Windows.
- Improved resistance against goofy query planner decisions caused by
incomplete or incorrect modifications to the sqlite_stat1
table by the application.
- Added the sqlite3_db_config(db,SQLITE_DBCONFIG_ENABLE_LOAD_EXTENSION) interface
which allows the sqlite3_load_extension() C-API to be enabled while keeping the
load_extension() SQL function disabled for security.
- Change the temporary directory search algorithm on Unix to allow directories with
write and execute permission, but without read permission, to serve as temporary
directories. Apply this same standard to the "." fallback directory.
- Fix a problem with the multi-row one-pass DELETE optimization that was
causing it to compute incorrect answers with a self-referential subquery in
the WHERE clause. Fix for ticket
- Fix a possible segfault with DELETE when table is a rowid table with an
INTEGER PRIMARY KEY and the WHERE clause contains a OR and
the table has one or more indexes that are able to trigger the OR optimization,
but none of the indexes reference any table columns other than the INTEGER PRIMARY KEY.
- When checking for the WHERE-clause push-down optimization, verify that all terms
of the compound inner SELECT are non-aggregate, not just the last term. Fix for ticket
- Fix a locking race condition in Windows that can occur when two or more processes
attempt to recover the same hot journal at the same time.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: "2016-05-18 10:57:30 fc49f556e48970561d7ab6a2f24fdd7d9eb81ff2"
- SHA1 for sqlite3.c: 9b9171b1e6ce7a980e6b714e9c0d9112657ad552
Bug fixes backported into patch release 3.8.1 (2013-10-17):
- Added the unlikely() and likelihood() SQL functions to be used
as hints to the query planner.
- Enhancements to the query planner:
- Take into account the fact WHERE clause terms that cannot be used with indices
still probably reduce the number of output rows.
- Estimate the sizes of table and index rows and use the smallest applicable B-Tree
for full scans and "count(*)" operations.
- Added the soft_heap_limit pragma.
- Added support for SQLITE_ENABLE_STAT4
- Added support for "sz=NNN" parameters at the end of
used to specify the average length in bytes for table and index rows.
- Avoid running foreign-key constraint checks on an UPDATE if none of the
modified columns are associated with foreign keys.
- Added the SQLITE_MINIMUM_FILE_DESCRIPTOR compile-time option
- Added the win32-longpath VFS on windows, permitting filenames up to 32K
characters in length.
- The Date And Time Functions are enhanced so that the current time
(ex: julianday('now')) is always the same for multiple function invocations
within the same sqlite3_step() call.
- Add the "totype.c" extension, implementing the tointeger() and toreal()
- FTS4 queries are better able to make use of docid<$limit constraints to
limit the amount of I/O required.
- Added the hidden fts4aux languageid column to the fts4aux virtual table.
- The VACUUM command packs the database about 1% tighter.
- The sqlite3_analyzer utility program is updated to provide better descriptions
and to compute a more accurate estimate for "Non-sequential pages"
- Refactor the implementation of PRAGMA statements to improve parsing performance.
- The directory used to hold temporary files on unix can now be set using
the SQLITE_TMPDIR environment variable, which takes precedence over the
TMPDIR environment variable. The sqlite3_temp_directory global variable
still has higher precedence than both environment variables, however.
- Added the PRAGMA stats statement.
- Bug fix: Return the correct answer for "SELECT count(*) FROM table" even if
there is a partial index on the table. Ticket
Bug fixes backported into patch release 188.8.131.52 (2013-09-03):
- Fix a bug in the optimization that attempts to omit unused LEFT JOINs
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.