Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.13.0 On 2016-05-18
- Postpone I/O associated with TEMP files for as long as possible, with the hope
that the I/O can ultimately be avoided completely.
- Merged the session extension into trunk.
- Added the ".auth ON|OFF" command to the command-line shell.
- Added the "--indent" option to the ".schema" and ".fullschema" commands of
the command-line shell, to turn on pretty-printing.
- Added the ".eqp full" option to the command-line shell, that does both EXPLAIN
and EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN on each statement that is evaluated.
- Improved unicode filename handling in the command-line shell on Windows.
- Improved resistance against goofy query planner decisions caused by
incomplete or incorrect modifications to the sqlite_stat1
table by the application.
- Added the sqlite3_db_config(db,SQLITE_DBCONFIG_ENABLE_LOAD_EXTENSION) interface
which allows the sqlite3_load_extension() C-API to be enabled while keeping the
load_extension() SQL function disabled for security.
- Change the temporary directory search algorithm on Unix to allow directories with
write and execute permission, but without read permission, to serve as temporary
directories. Apply this same standard to the "." fallback directory.
- Fix a problem with the multi-row one-pass DELETE optimization that was
causing it to compute incorrect answers with a self-referential subquery in
the WHERE clause. Fix for ticket
- Fix a possible segfault with DELETE when table is a rowid table with an
INTEGER PRIMARY KEY and the WHERE clause contains a OR and
the table has one or more indexes that are able to trigger the OR optimization,
but none of the indexes reference any table columns other than the INTEGER PRIMARY KEY.
- When checking for the WHERE-clause push-down optimization, verify that all terms
of the compound inner SELECT are non-aggregate, not just the last term. Fix for ticket
- Fix a locking race condition in Windows that can occur when two or more processes
attempt to recover the same hot journal at the same time.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: "2016-05-18 10:57:30 fc49f556e48970561d7ab6a2f24fdd7d9eb81ff2"
- SHA1 for sqlite3.c: 9b9171b1e6ce7a980e6b714e9c0d9112657ad552
Bug fixes backported into patch release 3.8.3 (2014-02-03):
- Added support for common table expressions and the WITH clause.
- Added the printf() SQL function.
- Added SQLITE_DETERMINISTIC as an optional bit in the 4th argument to the
sqlite3_create_function() and related interfaces, providing applications with
the ability to create new functions that can be factored out of inner loops when
they have constant arguments.
- Add SQLITE_READONLY_DBMOVED error code, returned at the beginning of a
transaction, to indicate that the underlying database file has been renamed
or moved out from under SQLite.
- Allow arbitrary expressions, including function calls and subqueries, in
the filename argument to ATTACH.
- Allow a VALUES clause to be used anywhere a SELECT statement is valid.
- Reseed the PRNG used by sqlite3_randomness(N,P) when invoked with N==0.
Automatically reseed after a fork() on unix.
- Enhance the spellfix1 virtual table so that it can search efficiently by rowid.
- Performance enhancements.
- Improvements to the comments in the VDBE byte-code display when running EXPLAIN.
- Add the "%token_class" directive to Lemon parser generator and use it to simplify
- Change the Lemon source code to avoid calling C-library functions that OpenBSD
considers dangerous. (Ex: sprintf).
- Bug fix: In the command-line shell CSV import feature, do not end a field
when an escaped double-quote occurs at the end of a CRLN line.
Bug fixes backported into patch release 3.8.2 (2013-12-06):
- Changed the defined behavior for the CAST expression when floating point values
greater than +9223372036854775807 are cast into into integers so that the
result is the largest possible integer, +9223372036854775807, instead of
the smallest possible integer, -9223372036854775808. After this change,
CAST(9223372036854775809.0 as INT) yields +9223372036854775807 instead
← Potentially Incompatible Change!
- Added support for WITHOUT ROWID tables.
- Added the skip-scan optimization to the query planner.
- Extended the virtual table interface, and in particular the
sqlite3_index_info object to allow a virtual table to report its estimate
on the number of rows that will be returned by a query.
- Update the R-Tree extension to make use of the enhanced virtual table
- Add the SQLITE_ENABLE_EXPLAIN_COMMENTS compile-time option.
- Enhanced the comments that are inserted into EXPLAIN output when the
SQLITE_ENABLE_EXPLAIN_COMMENTS compile-time option is enabled.
- Performance enhancements in the VDBE, especially to the OP_Column opcode.
- Factor constant subexpressions in inner loops out to the initialization code
in prepared statements.
- Enhanced the ".explain" output formatting of the command-line shell
so that loops are indented to better show the structure of the program.
- Enhanced the ".timer" feature of the command-line shell so that it
shows wall-clock time in addition to system and user times.
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.