Small. Fast. Reliable.
Choose any three.
SQLite Release 3.13.0 On 2016-05-18
- Postpone I/O associated with TEMP files for as long as possible, with the hope
that the I/O can ultimately be avoided completely.
- Merged the session extension into trunk.
- Added the ".auth ON|OFF" command to the command-line shell.
- Added the "--indent" option to the ".schema" and ".fullschema" commands of
the command-line shell, to turn on pretty-printing.
- Added the ".eqp full" option to the command-line shell, that does both EXPLAIN
and EXPLAIN QUERY PLAN on each statement that is evaluated.
- Improved unicode filename handling in the command-line shell on Windows.
- Improved resistance against goofy query planner decisions caused by
incomplete or incorrect modifications to the sqlite_stat1
table by the application.
- Added the sqlite3_db_config(db,SQLITE_DBCONFIG_ENABLE_LOAD_EXTENSION) interface
which allows the sqlite3_load_extension() C-API to be enabled while keeping the
load_extension() SQL function disabled for security.
- Change the temporary directory search algorithm on Unix to allow directories with
write and execute permission, but without read permission, to serve as temporary
directories. Apply this same standard to the "." fallback directory.
- Fix a problem with the multi-row one-pass DELETE optimization that was
causing it to compute incorrect answers with a self-referential subquery in
the WHERE clause. Fix for ticket
- Fix a possible segfault with DELETE when table is a rowid table with an
INTEGER PRIMARY KEY and the WHERE clause contains a OR and
the table has one or more indexes that are able to trigger the OR optimization,
but none of the indexes reference any table columns other than the INTEGER PRIMARY KEY.
- When checking for the WHERE-clause push-down optimization, verify that all terms
of the compound inner SELECT are non-aggregate, not just the last term. Fix for ticket
- Fix a locking race condition in Windows that can occur when two or more processes
attempt to recover the same hot journal at the same time.
- SQLITE_SOURCE_ID: "2016-05-18 10:57:30 fc49f556e48970561d7ab6a2f24fdd7d9eb81ff2"
- SHA1 for sqlite3.c: 9b9171b1e6ce7a980e6b714e9c0d9112657ad552
Bug fixes backported into patch release 184.108.40.206 (2014-03-11):
- Work around a C-preprocessor macro conflict that breaks the build for some
configurations with Microsoft Visual Studio.
- When computing the cost of the skip-scan optimization, take into account the
fact that multiple seeks are required.
Bug fixes backported into patch release 3.8.4 (2014-03-10):
- Code optimization and refactoring for improved performance.
- Add the ".clone" and ".save" commands to the command-line shell.
- Update the banner on the command-line shell to alert novice users when they
are using an ephemeral in-memory database.
- Fix editline support in the command-line shell.
- Add support for coverage testing of VDBE programs using the
SQLITE_TESTCTRL_VDBE_COVERAGE verb of sqlite3_test_control().
- Update the _FILE_OFFSET_BITS macro so that builds work again on QNX.
- Change the datatype of SrcList.nSrc from type u8 to type int to work around
an issue in the C compiler on AIX.
- Get extension loading working on Cygwin.
- Bug fix: Fix the char() SQL function so that it returns an empty string
rather than an "out of memory" error when called with zero arguments.
- Bug fix: DISTINCT now recognizes that a zeroblob and a blob of all
0x00 bytes are the same thing.
- Bug fix: Compute the correct answer for queries that contain an IS NOT NULL
term in the WHERE clause and also contain an OR term in the WHERE clause and
are compiled with SQLITE_ENABLE_STAT4.
- Bug fix: Make sure "rowid" columns are correctly resolved in joins between
normal tables and WITHOUT ROWID tables.
- Bug fix: Make sure the same temporary registers are not used in concurrent
co-routines used to implement compound SELECT statements containing ORDER
BY clauses, as such use can lead to incorrect answers.
- Bug fix: Ensure that "ORDER BY random()" clauses do not get optimized out.
- Bug fix: Repair a name-resolution error that can occur in sub-select statements
contained within a TRIGGER.
- Bug fix: Fix column default values expressions of the form
"DEFAULT(-(-9223372036854775808))" so that they work correctly, initializing
the column to a floating point value approximately equal to
A complete list of SQLite releases
in a single page and a chronology are both also available.
A detailed history of every
check-in is available at
SQLite version control site.