This [http://www.fossil-scm.org/ | Fossil] repository holds a snapshot of
the [http://www.postgresql.org/ | PostgreSQL] source code taken from the
Git repository at git://git.postgresql.org/git/postgresql.git on 2014-05-17.
The purpose of this snapshot is to demonstrate the superiority of a
relational database (used by Fossil) over a key-value database (used by Git)
by providing a platform on which to show how simple SQL queries can extract
useful information from a large source repository that would be difficult to
obtain without a high-level query language such as SQL.
Some interesting links:
* [/reports?view=byuser | Check-in counts by user]
* [/timeline?a=1970-01-01&n=10 | The first 10 check-ins]
* [/timeline?c=2000-05-29&nd | What was PG doing when SQLite was first started?]
* [/finfo?name=src/backend/commands/prepare.c | History of the src/backend/commands/prepare.c source file]
* [/stat | Repository statistics]
This is not an official repository and is unsupported.
This repository was
created as supplemental information for the keynote talk at
[http://www.pgcon.org/2014/ | PGcon 2014] and is ephemeral.
Clone this repository if you want to keep it because it will probably
be deleted after a few months. Or recreate your own repository of
PostgreSQL from the Git repository using the following command:
git fast-export --all | fossil import pg.fossil