SQLite Forum

SQLite on Android Devices
Login

SQLite on Android Devices

(1) By javier (Javier) on 2020-10-08 17:40:24 [source]

I am a computer science student and I don't know if this forum is the right one to ask my question. On my android tablet, I developed some apps in C ++ and Java with anacode IDE. That is, I code directly on my tablet, I don't use windows. Now I want to install sqlite on my tablet. I unsuccessfully searched the web for information on how to download and install sqlite on android devices, and how to connect C ++ or java apps with sqlite. In some places they spoke of JDBC, in others of Sqlite Mobile Client, in others they mentioned to make a root device (I saw this method complicated and risky for me), and in others they only mentioned some libraries for C. At this moment, I don't have any idea how to do this or where to start. I would like to know, where can I find info for android devices, from where can I download sqlite for android devices, steps to follow, etc. I would greatly appreciate if someone could guide me in my university project.

(2) By oneeyeman on 2020-10-08 18:10:57 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

Hi,

If you have an Android device chances are you already have SQLite installed. Depending how updated you device is - it might be an older version, but from the development POV this shouldn't concern you.

Now since this is Android: For the JAVA you should look in the "How to Android JAVA SQLite". There are many tutorials on the Web including the newer Android interface for SQLite.

In terms of C++ - you can check the SQLIte C API and start there.

Thank you.

(3) By javier (Javier) on 2020-10-08 21:01:56 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

Hi. How I can verify if SQLite its already installed and what version of SQLite. My tablet android version is 10.

(4) By oneeyeman on 2020-10-08 23:09:00 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

Hi,

I believe every Android device comes with the copy of the SQLite.

In regards to the verion - it is not the version of the API the database will be created with but the API that you will access the DB file with.

Now in terms of C/JAVA API - it is completely backwards compatible.

I presume you will utilize the JAVA API I refer you to.

And if you want the latest and greatest you can just grab the source code from the sqlite,org and include those .c/.h files in your project.

Thank you.