SQLite Forum

not able to update rows
Login

not able to update rows

(1) By anonymous on 2021-07-09 13:42:15 [link] [source]

not able to update rows when using select statement and != operator.

Getting this message :

[19:05:16] Cannot edit this cell. Details: The query execution mechanism had problems with extracting ROWID's properly. This might be a bug in the application. You may want to report this.

(2) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-07-09 13:48:41 in reply to 1 [source]

You are reporting a problem and error message from an application which is not created by SQLite's authors and cannot be supported here. Your report should be directed to whoever is responsible for "the application".

(3) By Ryan Smith (cuz) on 2021-07-09 15:19:41 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

Larry is correct about this being clearly using the interface application of some other vendor, perhaps saying which application might help. I know it's not SQLiteSpeed nor DB Browser for SQLite since I know their error codes, in fact that error seems like it is reported by a wrapper of sorts being used by whatever application you are using.

Either way, the reason I reply is that if only you would post the actual SQL SELECT statement (using the claimed != operator), then there is a probability we could already tell you what is wrong, regardless of how the App or Wrapper deals with it.

The Schema would be useful too. Is that perhaps happening on a WITHOUT ROWID table?

(4) By anonymous on 2023-05-25 17:44:26 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

I had a similar message: be sure you're running the latest version (or at least the same version) of your program (in my case SQLiteStudio) on both machines. With me, I was one version behind on the desktop vs. my laptop. That made the difference.

(5) By Simon Slavin (slavin) on 2023-05-27 18:34:04 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

Your problem is with SQLiteStudio, which is a product which relies on SQLite, not one made by the SQLite developer team.

Please report this problem using whatever system SQLiteStudio uses for helping users with problems.

(6) By Spindrift (spindrift) on 2023-05-27 19:43:10 in reply to 5 [link] [source]

Plus, in the two years which have passed since that original post you are replying to, perhaps the problem has already been fixed.