SQLite Forum

Is an Installtion reqired on IIS ?
Login

Is an Installtion reqired on IIS ?

(1) By Jagger (JaggerTh01) on 2021-12-11 14:36:34 [link] [source]

Hello!

I startet my first app with Blazor/ASP.Net Core 6.0 and it's my first project using SQLite.

On my local PC all works fine, but when I publish DB and App to my managed Server with IIS and Plesk-Obsidian, all my Web-API-calls return an "500 (Internal Server Error)".

That's the reason for my question: Is there on IIS anything nessesary to install or to configure?!?!?

Thanks for your help!

Thomas

(2) By Ryan Smith (cuz) on 2021-12-11 15:21:36 in reply to 1 [source]

The unfortunate answer is: Maybe, probably.

We do not however know the specific answer, since this is the SQLite forum but SQLite is just an engine, how it is used in different systems is up to that system.

There is always a chance someone here may have used it in the same way and can assist, but you would probably get more/better help from a Plesk/IIS forum.

(3) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-12-11 15:46:28 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

You need to read up on modern .Net installation methods. Apparently, (I'm guessing), you are using System.Data.SQLite. A common issue, for novices just beginning to reach beyond their own machine(s), is that they have "installed" some .Net libraries, in a way that makes them available with minimal or no additional installation. Their .Net apps run fine (eventually ;-), but are relying on components that are not located in the same directory as the app but are findable on the local system. But those components may not be findable on another system until somebody or some program does the same installation that made it so convenient to run that app.

Creating (or adapting) installers is part of many developers' workload.

Short answer: Maybe, and installation should probably be done to either place needed components or ensure they are already present.