SQLite Forum

sqlite3_backup_init() function call crashing in Solaris
Login

sqlite3_backup_init() function call crashing in Solaris

(1) By anonymous on 2020-05-12 12:29:48 [link] [source]

I am trying to create in-memory database using sqlite3 library.It is working fine in Windows.But in Solaris it is crashing at 
sqlite3_backup_init() function.

Anybody faced this issue please help me out to fix it.Or if there is any alternate call to this function kindly let me know

(2) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2020-05-12 12:40:07 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

You're going to need to tell us, at a minimum, what sqlite versions you're using on each platform. There was recently (a couple of weeks ago) a crash fix for big-endian architectures which may or may not be relevant for your Solaris environment.

(3) By anonymous on 2020-05-13 05:02:02 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for your quick response.
As we didn't get the latest SQLite lib version for solaris,
we are using SQLite lib version : 3.5.9 in Solaris(SunOS 5.10)

In windows we used 3.15 and 3.31(latest one).Both version worked.

(4) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2020-05-13 12:34:05 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

As we didn't get the latest SQLite lib version for solaris, we are using SQLite lib version : 3.5.9 in Solaris(SunOS 5.10)

That version is from May 2008. It seems highly unlikely that you're going to be getting any meaningful support for that one beyond, "try a newer version."

(5) By anonymous on 2020-05-14 04:53:26 in reply to 4 [link] [source]

Can you please share the link to download the latest SQLite for Solaris and Windows.We were unable to find it.

(6.1) By Warren Young (wyoung) on 2020-05-14 05:02:40 edited from 6.0 in reply to 5 [source]

The Windows binaries are on the main Download page, which you certainly should be able to find from the SQLite home page.

There are no official precompiled binaries for Solaris from the SQLite project. Not now, and not ever in my memory. However, you should be able to compile your own from the source code amalgamation on the download page.

(7) By anonymous on 2020-05-19 13:24:56 in reply to 6.1 [link] [source]

Yes as you suggested I have compiled my own lib from the latest sqlite amalgamation file.But still it is crashing at the same function call.

(8) By Warren Young (wyoung) on 2020-05-19 18:48:21 in reply to 7 [link] [source]

Once you’re sure you’re linking to the new one, post a backtrace on the resulting core dump; include the parameters passed to the failing call.

If both versions crash, it’s probably a usage error rather than a library bug.