SQLite Forum

How to delete a thread before it is published
Login

How to delete a thread before it is published

(1) By Cecil (CecilWesterhof) on 2020-12-06 16:00:12 [link] [source]

I had created a thread with a question about triggers. Later I found the answer myself. I tried to delete the thread. (There is a button for it.) But it does not work.
Am I doing something wrong?

(2) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2020-12-06 16:09:31 in reply to 1 [source]

I tried to delete the thread. (There is a button for it.) But it does not work.

That post is still pending moderation. To avoid potential race conditions, it's not possible to modify it until it's through moderation. i'll reject that post now (barring a race condition!) so it won't land in the forum.

(3) By Cecil (CecilWesterhof) on 2020-12-06 16:12:08 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

Ah, I understand. Thanks.

Something else: you did quote my post. How are you doing that? I often want to do that also.

(4) By Stephan Beal (stephan) on 2020-12-06 16:19:39 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

you did quote my post. How are you doing that? I often want to do that also.

Copy/paste. Because fossil supports 3 different text dialects, it's so far proven impossible to add an automated quoting mechanism. It's an easy problem to solve if there's only one dialect, but not when there are two or more. Tap the "source" link at the top of this response to see how it's done in markdown format.

(5) By Cecil (CecilWesterhof) on 2020-12-06 16:40:50 in reply to 4 [link] [source]

Ah, learning all the time.

I am always using Plain Text.
This is a reason to learn Markdown at last.