SQLite Plus: all the missing SQLite functions
(1) By Simon Slavin (slavin) on 2021-04-03 23:19:29 [source]
[I tried searching the forum to see if this had been posted before, but there's a minus sign in the search string and I'm not sure how to do it. Anyway I didn't find anything so I'm posting it.]
There are a lot of SQLite extensions out there, but they are incomplete, inconsistent and scattered across the internet. SQLite Plus brings them all together, neatly packaged by domain modules and built for Linux, Windows and macOS. Here is what we've got right now:
- re: regular expressions
- stats: common statistical functions
- vsv: CSV files as virtual tables
- unicode: Unicode string functions
(2) By ET (EricTsau) on 2021-04-04 12:32:28 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
That's a nice project but sooner or later you'll be asked to rename it, see what happened to SQLite database browser, now Database browser for SQLite. https://email@example.com/msg85627.html
(3) By Simon Slavin (slavin) on 2021-04-04 15:04:38 in reply to 2 [link] [source]
I'm not connected with the project, I was just posting about it in case it was useful to anyone. But yes, if it's useful to the SQLite development team to know about it, that's good too.
(6) By Harald Hanche-Olsen (hanche) on 2021-05-05 16:09:55 in reply to 2 [link] [source]
Since this thread popped up once more, it could be good to notice that the project owner did change the name. It is now called sqlean.
(4) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-04-04 15:10:13 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
That's a nice beginning of a collection, Simon. (I take "brings them all together" prospectively.)
Are you participating in that effort? If so, could you suggest a name to its lead(s) that is less readily confused with "SQLite" itself?
(5) By tom (younique) on 2021-05-05 14:00:21 in reply to 1 [link] [source]
Imho, it'd be much more useful if everything were together in a single "plus.dll" :)