SQLite Forum

Creating Database with Visual Studio
Login

Creating Database with Visual Studio

(1) By Maddy (Maddy2020) on 2020-06-30 06:13:03 [source]

Hi All,

I am new to Sqlite3, I am doing my project in C Lnaguage. I need to use Sqlite3 for DB.

I would like to know where I can find the information for starting from the scratch for creating a New Database in visual studio and so on.

Please guide me on this.

(2) By anonymous on 2020-06-30 10:09:13 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

Near the top of the SQLite website there is a Documentation link. Below the "Programming Interfaces" section you can find a link to An Introduction To The SQLite C/C++ Interface (be sure to check the other ones if you find them relevant).

The How To Ask Questions The Smart Way guide is useful when asking technical questions.

(3) By Dan McCormick (knaduoy) on 2020-07-28 18:28:06 in reply to 2 [link] [source]

I found the response to creating a Database with Visual Studio unclear?

HOW CAN I IMPORT A SQLite3 FILE INTO Visual Studio 2015

I am new to sqlite3 and have this requirement.

I haven't learned how to ask a question at the forum as yet

(4) By Larry Brasfield (LarryBrasfield) on 2020-07-28 19:52:18 in reply to 3 [link] [source]

I found the response to creating a Database with Visual Studio unclear?

You did? How so? What sort of information was unclear or missing?

HOW CAN I IMPORT A SQLite3 FILE INTO Visual Studio 2015

A "SQLite3 file" is a database, stored in a file with a format used by the SQLite version 3 library, which is written in C. "Visual Studio ?" is an integrated development environment for creating, running and debugging programs written in a variety of languages, including C. Because it can be used for programs written in C, one could use it to write/run/debug a C program which used the SQLite library. But nobody who knew what Visual Studio does and what a SQLite3 DB file is would want to "import a SQLite3 file into Visual Studio". Hence, I must ask: What is it that you wish to do that corresponds to real-world possibility rather than mere concatenation of words?

I am new to sqlite3 and have this requirement.

Because, as I explain above, the requirement is nonsense, I wonder who imposed it? What real-world need or utility would be served if Visual Studio could import a SQLite DB file?

I haven't learned how to ask a question at the forum as yet

You've got the basic mechanics of posting, apparently. Regarding how to ask a question on this forum or other technical fora, see "How To Ask Questions The Smart Way".

(5) By Dan McCormick (knaduoy) on 2020-07-29 14:46:48 in reply to 4 [link] [source]

I want to thank you for getting back to me so quickly! Your reply was much clearer for me and I will look further into the capabilities of sqlite3!

Once again Thank you so much! Really appreciated!