SQLite Forum

How do I sort my Safari History.db History by DATE?
Login

How do I sort my Safari History.db History by DATE?

(1) By DallasGrl (dallasgrl) on 2021-08-19 20:56:03 [link] [source]

Hello -

I am viewing my Safari History in SQLLite.

I am looking at both the History_visits detail and the History_items detail. Is there a way to sort or search by DATE only?

I am not very technical so lay-mans terms instructions would be really appreciated!

Thank you SOOO MUCH! -Kim

(2) By Ryan Smith (cuz) on 2021-08-20 01:45:37 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

I feel like this thread already has too many "lay-mans" terms in it, so I'm going to step it up a few notches and go straight for clever-people terms and say:

YES, there is a way to sort or search by date.

And... for bonus points, If you tell us what those little field names are in the table you are trying to sort and/or search, we might even be nice enough to offer a "how-to" for doing it.

(3) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-08-20 02:02:18 in reply to 1 [link] [source]

Adding to Ryan's helpful response: Once you have the database open in the SQLite [sic] shell, enter the command ".schema" (sans quotation marks) to see what the columns are named. Then, after perusing the SELECT syntax, and the ORDER BY clause in particular, you will be close to getting an answer to the question you meant to ask.

(4) By anonymous on 2021-08-20 03:52:33 in reply to 1 [source]

The Google search query "safari history.db visit_time" returns several useful examples.