SQLite Forum

No more moderation?
Login
Thanks for the explanation.  I was, however, asking why the ability to post as anonymous is provided.

From the subsequent posts, it appears that it would be a challenge, if possible at all, to permanently remove a "bad" anonymous poster since IP addresses change so frequently and there is nothing else by which to identify them.

Each anonymous post has to be reviewed always, because an admin-level moderator cannot flag an anonymous poster as "no longer moderated."

Also, other posters don't know with whom they are communicating, especially when there are two anonymous posters within the same thread. Of course, everyone is pretty much anonymous anyway except for the fact that all their posts are connected to a single account, unless some of them make more than one.

If it is provided for convenience only, it seems little reason. I have to log in only once until I delete the browser cache; so, it's no inconvenience at all.

Of course, it's not for me to say, for I didn't build this tool or pay the expenses to run this forum.