SQLite Forum

DEFECT: Dark Mode - Import/Export wizards do not go dark & text cannot be seen
Login

DEFECT: Dark Mode - Import/Export wizards do not go dark & text cannot be seen

(1) By anonymous on 2021-03-02 22:15:04 [link]

Description
-----------
When SQLITE v3.34.1 is in dark mode the 'Import Data' & 'Export Data' pop-up wizards have a white background and the field title text is missing.
The field title text may be due to the text colour changing to white [in dark mode] thus is blending into white background i.e. the text is there but is hidden by the white background that should be dark.

(not putting duplicated details for the Export wizard purely to reduce  size of this post and can be part of your re-testing and any further regression testing)

Expected Result
----------------
The Import wizard has DARK background when Fusion Dark is selected in configuration settings. And the following Import pop-up wizard shows:
- 'Table to import to' = Database, Table
- 'Data source to import from' [in CSV type]= "Data source type", "Options", "Input file", "Text encoding", "Ignore errors", "Data source options", "First line represents CSV column names", "Field separator", and "NULL values" 

Actual Result
-------------
The Import wizard has WHITE background when Fusion Dark is selected in configuration settings. And the following Import pop-up wizard shows:
- 'Table to import to' = field titles aren't displayed
- 'Data source to import from' = field titles aren't displayed

Steps to Recreate
------------------
1. Highlight table name to import data.
2. press right-mouse-button and select 'Import into table' / 'Export the table'
3. Compare the Import pop-up window with the Expected & Actual results.

(2) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-03-02 22:27:50 in reply to 1 [link]

While it's good of you to report a bug so well, your report needs to go to whoever creates the application you are using. The SQLite library does not have a "dark mode", and "Import wizard", any 'Import Data' & 'Export Data' pop-up wizards.  It has no user interface at all beyond an API used by programmers.

(3) By anonymous on 2021-03-03 20:38:18 in reply to 2

Hello Larry,
Thank you for your comments.

The application I am using is SQLiteStudio 3.34.1 which is the whole program that i downloaded from your site [https://www.sqlite.org/download.html], specifically the 'Precompiled Binaries for Windows' - "32-bit DLL (x86) for SQLite version 3.34.1"

Would you know who is the owner of this and how this person can be contacted in this forum or even whether this can be escalated to a forum moderator/admin for assigning to the right person for fix?

Thanks

(4) By Larry Brasfield (larrybr) on 2021-03-03 20:47:45 in reply to 3 [link]

This forum is operated by the same organization which develops and publishes the SQLite library, which is a significant component of SQLiteStudio. But as I said, the library does not provide UI, particularly not any GUI.

The application made and published by <u>[SQLiteStudio](https://sqlitestudio.pl/features/)</u> does provide a GUI, the very one which you have found in need of a bug report. You should send it to them via <u>[their contact page](https://sqlitestudio.pl/contact/)</u>.

I should point out that confusion such as yours, engendered by the name similarity, is why Richard Hipp (behind SQLite) asks people to avoid naming their products so as to confuse users about the product origin.

(5) By anonymous on 2021-03-03 21:04:16 in reply to 4 [link]

Thank you Larry for your comment and totally understood. I shall raise my defect with the the SQLiteStudio team.

Thanks again